We're sorry to hear that you changed your mind but making a refund request after you've donated to an ioby campaign is simple.
If you have your donation receipt, all you have to do is reply from that email and request your refund. Look for it in your inbox from email@example.com.
If you do not have a copy of your email receipt, please take the following steps:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Your full name and address
- The name of the project you gave to
- The amount of the donation
- The date, or approximate date, of your donation
Our donor relations team will respond to you and reimburse your donation, including any ioby gratuity you may have given.
We will reimburse your donation as follows:
- For donations made by credit card, refunds will be issued back to the original card of payment if the request is made within 180 days of the donation.
- For donations made by paypal, refunds will be issued back to your paypal account.
- For donations made by check, ioby will issue a check to the original check payor.
Here are some other things to know when you request a refund
ioby is unable to provide refunds for donations to campaigns that have already finished fundraising and received their funds.
If your donation was matched, match funds equivalent to your project donation will also be removed from the project and made available to other projects.
If you are requesting a refund on a recurring donation, our finance team will also cancel your recurring donations to ensure no further charges are made.
Want to adjust the amount or cancel a recurring donation to an ioby campaign?
We are happy to adjust the amount or frequency of a recurring donation or cancel a recurring donation for you anytime. Simply email email@example.com and include your full name, the name of the project you are donating to, and explain the change you would like to make to your recurring donation.