ioby Support Center

I am tax exempt, but not a 501(c)3. Can I submit something other than a nonprofit letter of determination?

Updated on


If you are not using ioby's fiscal sponsorship service you must provide proof of tax exemption. For most, that will be an Affirmation Letter or Determination Letter from the IRS. (Please note, state-issued letters are not accepted. Documentation must be federally-issued from the IRS.)

For all other tax-exempt entities, you must provide a Governmental Information Letter. Instructions on how to obtain a copy of your IRS-issued Governmental Information Letter can be found here.

If you are a school, a religious institution, or a 501(c)7, proof of tax exemption will vary depending on your state and incorporation status. Please consult with your tax professional about appropriate documentation for your federal tax exempt status. If you have more questions or need further clarification, please reach out to your Leader Success Strategist at [email protected].

Previous Article Do I need to submit a copy of my organization's or fiscal sponsor's nonprofit letter of determination?
Next Article What do I need to close out my campaign and access the funds raised?